Special projects undertaken by Rockwell:
- Sponsored the purchase of sporting equipment for Department of Social Services (Barkly West branch) Youth day program (16 June 2008);
- Regularly avails earth moving equipment for ad hoc projects (e.g. clearing of roads, preparing of sport fields) taking place within the Holpan community;
- Presented an HIV/AIDS awareness program at the local school based in Longlands. This project (Project Thusanang) was initiated by the South African Police services branch in Delportshoop and forms part of the anti-crime initiative at the local schools.
Projects completed as per the Social and Labour Plan:
Projects currently in progress as per the Social and Labour Plan:
- Sponsored a series of interpretative displays which forms part of a self-guided tour through the old digging remains at Canteen Kopje, Barkly West. Canteen Kopje was the first diamond digging site in Barkly West and is a proclaimed national monument and open air archaeological museum;
- Sponsored school bus for transporting learners within the district to Prieska Primary School as part of the school development program. The school bus will enable learners to participate in various school excursions and sporting events in the district;
- Developed a play park for the Windsorton community in collaboration with the local municipality and the South African Police Service, Windsorton branch. This project forms part of the anti-crime project currently implemented in Windsorton. This current playpark is the only dedicated recreational facility available for the 1200 primary school learners in the community.
- Development of an HIV/AIDS consultation office for the Holpan community. The unit caters for two consultation rooms and a store room and will be utilized by the Department of Health;
- Providing assistance by way of earth-moving equipment for the Dikgatlong municipality in the preparation of the Holpan community development which is earmarked for a local housing project.